Apply for TRANScend
2021–2022 TRANScend Community Impact Fund Request for Proposals (Download Now!) NOTE: Our online application link is currently broken. Download the RFP in English or Spanish at the bottom of this page, and submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org until further notice.
Things to consider (Before starting your application)
- What project type or category is my application the best fit for?
- Download and print the full RFP, and review it in detail
- Set your personal deadline at least 3-5 days before the application due date
- Invite co-writers to be a part of the process (collaborative efforts typically make more successful proposals)
- Have someone outside of your organization review your applications before you submit
- Complete your application in a Word document before beginning your application in the online portal
- Register for an account on the online portal as soon as it becomes available
- Take advantage of any pre-application webinars to Technical Assistance opportunities
- Keep in mind, reviewers may not be familiar with your organization so be detailed in explaining why your organization/project should be supported
To be eligible for funding through Destination Tomorrow’s TRANScend Community Impact Fund, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Non-Profit Status – Applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt organizations, per the guidelines set forth by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) with proper 501(c)(3) status. Organizations or coalitions that do not hold 501(c)(3) status must have a fiscal sponsor.
- Funding Priorities – Proposed efforts must focus on 1) HIV prevention and service provision and/or 2) Social Determinants and other factors that put Transgender people at risk for HIV or address barriers for Transgender people living with HIV.
- Grant Period – Applicants must be able to utilize funds within a 12-month period beginning March 31, 2021 and ending March 30, 2022 for General Operating and Community Collaborations awards. For Rapid Response grant awards the project must be able to be completed in 3-months (90 days).
The TRANScend Community Impact Fund will offer support under three project type categories: Community Collaborations, General Operating, and Rapid Response. Community Collaboration and Rapid Response awards will support project-based proposals, while General Operating awards will support organizations overall mission and goals.
Community Collaborations projects will award grantees up to $30,000 in funding support for programming that includes at least one community partner as a part of the project design. Community Collaboration projects must go beyond a general MOU partnership. This project type seeks to foster true collaboration that provides opportunity for wide-scale impact and promotes equity. Applicants must demonstrate shared responsibilities in the project design including equitable sharing of funding resources.
General Operating support requests will award grantees up to $15,000 in funding support for organizations whose mission and goals align with the goals and objectives of this program. The program will prioritize Trans-led organizations that serve geographical areas disproportionately impacted by HIV, including the U.S. South.
Rapid Response projects will award grantees up to $3,000 in funding support for urgent or emerging issues. The purpose of this project type is to address an important issue that requires immediate action for which short-term (up to 3 months) solutions can illustrate impact in addressing the presented need. Applicants must clearly articulate the importance of the issue, the current opportunity to address it, and why the applicant is the appropriate entity to address the stated challenge. The application should also demonstrate what makes the issue being addressed essential beyond the rates of HIV in the area or among a specific community.
Overall, the Destination Tomorrow TRANScend Community Impact Fund aims to grant $300-$350K annually in funding support over the next 24 months. This will be approximately 17-20 grants per year for each grant year with Year 1 beginning March 31, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed by the grant review committee per the program’s Participatory Grant making guidelines. Rapid Response applications will be reviewed quarterly as long as funds are available.
|February 15, 2021||Deadline to request Video Conference application|
|Applications Extended (April 26, 2021)||Complete applications due by 5:00pm ET|
|April 5, 2021 - Extended Date||Grant Review|
|TBD||Applicants notified of funding decisions|
|TBD||Execution of grant agreements|
|TBD||Year 1 grant period begins|
|October 4, 2021||Interim Report due|
|March 30, 2022||Year 1 grant period ends|
|April 29, 2022||Final Report due|
Applying for Funding
To apply for funding under this initiative please visit www.destinationtomorrow.org to download the complete RFP. Please review the RFP in its entirety to ensure best chances of submitting a competitive application. Applications for funding will be accepted one of three ways.
- Email completed application questions in a Word document including all required documents. Completed applications with required documents can be emailed to email@example.com. Completed applications will receive a confirmation of receipt email.
- Complete Online application. Once you have submitted your completed application, email required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Organization Name-Grant Type-Required Documents”. Completed applications will receive a confirmation of receipt email.
- Video Conference. For organizations with annual operating budgets under $250,000 you are eligible to submit a video conference application. Video conference applications will be accepted on a limited basis. To secure a slot email email@example.com no later than Friday, February 15, 2021. If your video conference request is accepted you will receive an email back with potential dates and times for your call. Please respond within 48-hours to secure your slot. Unresponsive potential applicants will forfeit their spot to use this submission method.
After you apply
The grant review process will take approximately three weeks. Please do not call or email the Destination Tomorrow office for status updates on submitted applications. If delays are anticipated with funding decisions, you will be contacted via email with updates and any important information.
Applicants that are funded will be asked to postpone sharing this information publicly until Destination Tomorrow provides guidance on the public announcement of TRANScend awards. More details will be provided via email once funding decisions are made.
Applicants who are not awarded will have the opportunity to request 15-minute feedback calls. In these calls Destination Tomorrow staff will share notes on your application from the review meeting and from grant reviewers’ notes. Please note, names of reviewers or any identifying information will not be shared. Applicants who are not funded will also have the opportunity to receive Technical Assistance (TA) from our TA partners at Transgender Strategy Center. Additional information about how to request TA will be provided after funding decisions are made.
Download the RFP in English and Spanish here. Please submit all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org as either a PDF or Word Document. Use this template for all organizational budgets. If have any issue please contact email@example.com. Submission of online applications are currently unavailable indefinitely. We will notify you when online applications return. Follow the instructions here and at the top of this page for accurate submissions.